- Online application form must be filled in for the participation. Also CV, photograph of conductor and choir, recent voice recording of choir must be send by mail or e-mail. ( February 15,2019)
- Deadlines for Application Submission: February 15, 2019.
- The festival program will take place on the following dates: Official opening ceremony will be held on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019, Closing and Award Ceremony will be held on Saturday, July 06, 2019.
- All general details are available in the festival draft program.
- The Organization Committee will publish present the detailed schedule after April 15, 2019.
- Travel, accommodation, meals and Chanakkale inner city transportation costs will be covered by the choir.
- After the festival application and acceptance, the choir acknowledges that it gives the festival the right to use all the materials to be recorded during the festival.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make any last logistical changes in the program. Prices and accommodation prices will not be affected by these changes and will remain as they were offered here.
- There must attend all days of the festival.
- In addition to normal performance participation, the festival also consists of the competition section. If a competing choir requires, jury may give a written appraisal of the performance.
Festival (Compulsory Performances / Out of Competition)
- Performances are open to all choirs. There are no limitations on the number and age of singers.
- Each choir should prepare the preferred program for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- If a choir requires, it will be able to get a written assesment from the jury.
- Each choir will perform a hall and a street concert
- In street concerts, it will be possible to connect the chorist microphones, the electric piano and, if necessary, their own instruments to the music system.
- All participating choirs will have a participation certificate.
- Choirs can compete in the following categories.
Category A – Homogenous Choirs-Women and Men
Category B – Adults Mixed choir
Category C – Children’s Choir
Category D – Homogeneous Boys-Girls and Mixed Youth Choir
Category E – Folk Choir – This category is for specific folkloric voices choirs, who can perform at least
3 voices polyphonic folk songs.
- Each choir can compete in at most 2 categories.
- Competition performance does not last longer than 15 minutes.
- In order to be included in the competition category and an applicant choir must be reviewed and approved by the e organization committee. Choirs will be informed previously for their acceptance to the competition category.
- Some categories may be combined if the applications are less than expected.
- The competition program must include maximum 5 compositions, only for Category B- Mixed Choirs
one of them must be by a Turkish composer
- At least 3 compositions must be performed without accompaniment.
- It is recommended that the program selection be in the distribution of works with different times and styles such as classics, romantic period, contemporary music, folk songs.
- In case the choirs are having difficulty choosing the composition of a Turkish composer, the Festival Organization Committee will assist the choir conductors. ( For Category B / Mixed Choirs)
- The international jury will evaluate the quality of the performance and the conductor will provide constructive criticism to take the next choral work.
- The performance will be evaluated according to the technique of the performed compositions and the artistic interpretation. All jury members will take notes that include both technical and interpretative personal assessments. The jury will consist of important artist personalities who will be able to report on different comments and opinions in detail. However, the determination of the choirs to be awarded the gold, silver and bronze awards and the decisions to be made for the winners of both category and festival awards will be made jointly by all the juries. The decision of the jury will be final and the results will be kept confidential until they are announced.
- Each jury member will evaluate each choir’s performance with an arithmetic score of 100.
- The international jury will give the following awards to the winner choirs:
85 -100 – gold – excellent performance
84.99 – silver – very good performance
65 – 74.99 – bronze – good performance
- The jury will take into account:
Pitch and Intonation- Rhythm – Interpretation and fidelity to the score – Sound quality and blending – Artistic Impression
- The jury will NOT take into account: dance, choreography, costumes.
- The jury will be composed of 5 people. Jury members having experience in international festivals and competitions will be announced after the participant choirs are clear.
- If a choir is to score full marks from the juries without regard to the category, that choir will have the CICF Grand Prize and a € 800 cash prize.
- The organizer will give a participations certificate to all participating choirs.
- The category winners will receive a diploma.
- In each category, the jury may decide to grant special awards.
- Outstanding conductor award.
- Best selected program award
- The most impressive folk song performance award
- Outstanding performance award of a Turkish composer’s song or a Turkish folk song. (available only for foreign choirs)
- Other special awards given at the discretion of the jury.
Festival General Payment Content
- Minimum 4 nights accommodation
- Total Chorus payment on selected Accommodation Package and per person
- Festival Bag (Festival Booklet, Chanakkale Dardanelles and Circumference Guide, City Guide etc.)
- Festival Events
- Festival Bosphorus Tour
- Festival Closing Party
- Participating choirs can enter the accommodation from the morning hours on July 2, 2019, and leave until July 7, 2019 at 14:00.
- The deal price of accommodation is not valid before or after the festival.
- Participating choirs are agree to comply with the payment schedule to be determined for the festival payments. Account numbers will be sent later.
- All days of the festival, Choirs are required to follow the festival activities and be open to interactions.
- In general, the choirs who do not follow the festival events and find that they have damaged the festival culture are excluded from the festival.
- Video and photo recordings of all concerts and performance events within the festival will be made by the organizer. If requested, these records will be distributed to the choirs for a fee.
- Participant choirs in hall concerts will have min 15 minutes and max 20 minutes for their performances and have max 15 minutes in competition concerts.
- The “Festival Compulsory Songs and Joint Songs”, which have been determined by the Festival Committee and submitted beforehand, are deemed to have been made ready for attendance at the festival. The songs will be sent between January and April.
- Participant choirs should be able to request their technical support needs within the festival performances through the “choir guide” before the festival starts.
- The festival committee reserves the right to use all kinds of performances- visuals and records within the scope of the festival in press, media, internet and social network when necessary.
- In the festival preparation process, the communication between the choir and the festival organizer will be provided by the choir conductor of the participant choirs through e-mail. The speed of the communication is important for the festival process.
- High resolution “choir – choir conductor photograph”, “choir – choir conductor curriculum vitae” and “choir repertoire” which are required for the Festival Booklet must be sent by e-mail until 30 May 2019 at the latest. (Choir -Choir Conductor vitae should be no more than 2000 characters)
- After the festival’s general program has been planned in detail, the performance day and time will be communicated to you and will be shared with the public by the festival organizing committee first after confirmation or revision.
- The Festival Choirs will be shared with the public by the Festival Organization Committee for the first time and with a special organization in May. It is expected that the whole Festival Choirs will be careful not to share information with the public before this sharing.
- The festival committee has the right to amend the festival schedule and conditions as necessary.
- The festival organizing committee is not responsible for any disruptions that may arise as a result of insufficient reading of the General and Technical Information.